From The Wardrobe Door:
You need candy to give out that you can use to explain theological lessons to all the trick-or-treaters. The perfect time to teach kids deep, biblical truths is when they are all jacked up on sugar. Right?
Make sure you have these 10 candies to Jesus Juke the children in your neighborhood right out of their costumes.
10. Hollow chocolate shapes – Even if you have to use a bunny from this past Easter, this is the perfect illustration of the empty tomb.
9. Skittles – God gives us the rainbow to remind us the next time He destroys the Earth, He’s going to use fire.
8. Twix – What child would not like to hear the hypostatic union explained using two candy bars in a one wrapper?
7. Good & Plenty – God is the only one who is good and He is plenty for us.
6. Starburst – Almost 2,000 years ago there was a star that led wise men to the greatest treat of all time.
5. M&Ms – These were named after the sisters Mary and Martha who loved Jesus. That’s entirely false, but “it’ll preach!”
4. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – Just as this chocolate is filled with peanut butter, you can be filled with the Holy Spirit.
3. Lifesavers – Duh.
2. Now & Later – Jesus is the true and better Now & Later. He sanctifies us now and will come later to glorify us.
1. Snickers – No one has been able to come up with the perfect illustration for the Trinity, but it has been staring them in the face since 1930. A Snickers is one candy bar with a chocolate shell, but it has three unique layers inside: nougat, caramel, and peanuts. Boom.