How do you glorify God in the workplace?
We usually think the answer to that question is this: Don’t steal the petty cash. Don’t tell dirty jokes. Tell co-workers about Jesus. And those answers are right on certainly.
But this important post from Desiring God goes beyond that to address 12 ways to glorify God at work:
1. Believe that all legitimate work is holy or unholy before God based on our faith, not the nature of the work itself.
2. Be just and honest in all your dealings with money.
3. Be prayerfully dependent upon God, pouring contempt on self-sufficiency.
4. Use the wages earned by your work to provide for and bless others.
5. Grow in your skill-set, work hard, and strive for excellence.
6. Exemplify love for your neighbor in how you interact with your colleagues.
7. Plan ahead and sincerely preface future tasks with “if God wills.”
8. Speak the gospel to your colleagues.
9. Work as unto the Lord and as unto men.
10. Focus on the work you’ve been given.
11. Speak words of grace.
12. Rest in your justification by faith alone in Christ alone.